Monday, October 22, 2007

Nightmare


Waking up from a nightmare, can’t sleep back, but it is still early.

It caught me thinking, what do we do when we know that everyone around us are doing the things that are not right? Weird = being the add one out from the norm. Being the weird one around, how do we make a change? Of cause it will be easier to follow the flow. For certain things, I would actually follow the flow. But what about the things that you know it is bad. Bad. Bad.
Well, since everyone is doing the same thing, it doesn’t make it right. But after compromising, it might fall into the gray spot. But sometimes, we just know that we can’t compromise. If we start, it will trigger the start of a big down fall.
No character? Sometimes we just have to make our stand.
Logical thinking, counting the pros and cons, it is certainly more worth it to stand with the majority. But as all CBA(cost-benefit analysis), we have to start putting shadow pricing. What is the price of losing a big group of your friends? What is the price of standing up for what you think is right? What is the price of the difference that you might make in the future?
Many times in life we compromise too much. Knowing that what we do is wrong, but not wrong in society. Knowing that what our friends are doing is wrong, but we can’t change them. Knowing that we have to do and not doing it. But KNOWING and DOING is different!!!
Of cause in all cases that we seem to be the odd one out, seem to be the only one believing in what we believe, seem to be fighting alone. WE ARE NOT ALONE.
It will not be easy for us the stand up and make a difference. But we will not be alone doing it. We might be the minority, but at least we know that we are doing the right thing.

Perseverance is important. The start might be difficult. But we must persevere so that we might be mature and complete.

How is this related with my dream? I just can’t forget the last scene, everyone looking at me like I’m a total weirdo. Its not easy to have people looking at us like that but we have to do what we have to do. The cost in the short run might be very taxing but do we not see what the long run benefit would be?



Confucius: Quotes on Making a DifferenceTo put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right.

1 comment:

cheesy-pops said...

awesome post... I face the same dilemma ever so often! Sometimes, it's not that people treat you as the weird one; but more of an alienation from the rest of the people - relationships that are unable to grow because of that one small difference.

But it is worth it.

In 1 Corinthians 9:19-27, Paul says:
9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.


Be encouraged sister! =)