Saturday, June 21, 2008

Give Thanks


Thanksgiving is coming, well, I do not know the date for thanks giving. Is it during Christmas eve? Because that is the time they eat the turkey. Well, after google-ing, I found out that it falls on November 27, 2008 in USA; October 13, 2008 in Canada, it is also the harvest festival for some of the natives.

Well, if thanksgiving is the only day that we give thanks, then everyday day is thanksgiving. If that is the case, then everyday is a holiday!!! We ought to give thanks for everything that we have, every single day that we been through, may it be a happy day for us or otherwise, every breath that we take. It doesn’t mean that its turkey everyday though.

My family is very much thankful and grateful for the abundance blessings that have been shown. And that we can still come as one family to give thanks and to praise Him despite all the challenges we’ve been through. We’re having “thanksgiving” in church this weekend. Well, we’re Chinese, so we’re not having turkey, instead, we’re having 烧猪, yup, roast pork. Besides that, we’re having a little “family presentation”, singing “Just Let Me Say” and “耶稣爱你”.

All who wants to share this joy are invited to Pengkalan Church, Sunday evening. =D

Besides that, Saturday will be my first time officially sharing with the youths. "Living a Life Without Compromise". Well, indeed I went for the camp, but i will not be talking much about compromising while choosing your life partner. “BGR is for young adults, teenagers, focus on your studies!!! Or at least till you finish your Pre-U.” yup, that’s what I learned recently too. I’ll be touching 3 sub topics though - compromising in school, in church and in the outside world.
.
While preparing for it, I realized that I am in no position to tell them anything about compromising. For I am one that compromises a lot, well, I always thought that in that way, life will be much easier, I’ll offend less people. But well, we have to set our principles right. One verse that struck me is Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?”

I need to put my head knowledge into practice. And stop being the world’s number 1 hypocrite.

No comments: