Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The world will not wait for us


How depressing is it that sometimes when we pray, and pray and pray, nothing happens. Well, we all know that maybe its not the time yet, maybe the answer is no, maybe it’s a test to build our character. But well, these answers can sometimes bring you down, way down.

Sometimes, we have a list of prayer items, when all things goes on well, we thank God, we give praises, we testify of His love and mercy. But when things turn bad, we ask, Lord, why, why, can You please reveal Your plans to me, can You just give me a glimpse of my future, can You please take me by the hand so that I won’t have to fall again. WHY ME?

Day and night we pray, and days after days, months after months, years after years, things just don’t turn out the way we want it to be. Is this an answer of no, this is not the way that you should be heading or is it just another test, testing our patience and developing perseverance and building our character?

I see people who love God, fails (or rather did not achieve what they want) one time after the other. Is it that the more you love God, the more testing you have to go through? If that is the case, just love moderately. But well, the prize is what we’ll receive in our eternal life. As the book Purpose Driven Life says, this life here on earth, its just a test. JUST A TEST, preparing us for our eternal life with God.

Sometimes, I just don’t understand. I cried, I laughed, I go blur, well, I can’t know for sure what is there before me, but to continue believe that God has plans all good things ahead of me.

The things that keep us going is knowing that “life goes on”, the world will not wait for you while you fail, it will not wait for you to recover from all your hurts, it is most unlikely to stop just because you are crying. Terrible huh, but that’s the truth about reality. Pick yourself up and get going, while you ponder on what hit you, the earth continues to spin.

The other thing, when I fail, the thing that gives me hope, is knowing that I can count on His promises when all else fails.

"Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.

Well, the Lord has made everything for his own purpose , and I am assured because God said that He will never leave me, never abandon me.

So many question, that we know the answers to each and everyone of it, but yet so hard to go through it.

Well, we still have to pray and believe that God knows best for all of us.

No comments: